Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 3/17: A Shocking Shower OR...Feathers....Really?

So, here's the deal: Despite all of my kvetching about hot water, lemon and the slow path being worn between my bedroom and my bathroom(s), the 17-day diet is great. Seriously. Even though there have been a few incidents that have given me pause. Let me share:
  • the little girl standing next to me in a branch who leaned over to her mother and stage-whispered, "Mommy, I was standing near that lady and I could hear the ocean!"  Clearly a comment directed at the random sloshing that happens as a result of all the "Smart" water. Remember that point I made about how "Smart" water should be able to figure out a way not to settle in my ankles? Ditto to the sloshing.
  • "Did someone just mow the lawn?"  Really...has anyone FOUND their lawn yet? We're barely into March. Doubtful. So, I'm going to go with that new scent I'm carrying around with me, "Eau de Green Tea".
  • "Mommy," (remind me again why I like kids...) that lady has no uvula (sorry, couldn't resist using the word "uvula" again.......twice!)....
  • Tonight in the shower, I discovered little pinfeathers on my legs. Yup....it's all the chicken I've been eating.......definitely. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Let's talk goals:
  • No numbers. Seriously. The only number you'll get from me is pounds lost. Maybe. I'm a banker. The people I know are waaay too good at math. I'm just sayin'..........
  • Trip to NYC with two very dear friends is coming up in June. There are three months between now and then. 12 weeks. 90 days. (See? Bankers are good at math!). If I've made enough progress to make it worthwhile, there just might be some new and fabulous clothing item in my suitcase for the train ride back! 
Sorry about the short blog entry this evening. I need to get to bed and rest up for the marathon "Pee-a-thon" to come later! 

'night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment